PDN- Chicago on Chicago

The July ‘09 issue of PDN has a great section about shooting in Chicago, which includes my thoughts on living and working in “The City that Works”.
In short, I love it here. Like Laurie Rubin, love being able to have a home with a garden. I agree with my friend, Paul Elledge, going to the Hideout to see a rock show and drink beer is a favorite past time.


As much as I love shooting outside and on location, I agree with my buddy Steve Grubman about the advantages of having studio space. I have a studio that I can ride my bike to when my ideas need a bit more control and precision.

And like I say, two busy airports are nice. My New York editorial clients might agree. I can get anywhere in the country to shoot and be back again in the same day. No hotel stays straining their budgets.